Voice of Customer (VOC) is part of the customer experience that focuses on the customer’s needs, wants, expectations, and preferences.
Many businesses have an edge over their competitors because of how well they treat their customers. It is important to use the voice of customer program to make sure that customer feedback is sought out and considered.
The company looks at both indirect information about how customers act and direct information about what customers say to figure out what the VOC is. For indirect feedback, businesses look carefully at customer information they get from financial transactions, market research, web analytics, and how customers use their websites. Watching social media for mentions of the product or brand, getting both positive and negative feedback from customers, and talking to customers are all ways to get direct feedback.
The main importance of VOC
Businesses can make sure they have the products and services that customers want and need by listening to what customers say. With the rise of digitally delivered, subscription-based services like software as a service (SaaS), keeping customers and making more sales are key to making money. Businesses that use “pay-as-you-go” pricing depend on how many customers VOC brings in. It’s also important to show customers that companies care about what they think by letting them know how the company has changed because of what they said.
Voice of the Customer (VOC) methods for gathering data
Businesses can get direct feedback from their customers in several ways. The following are:
- Making a group of current customers into a client advisory council to hear what they have to say.
- Sending requests to customers to take surveys or write reviews about your products. This includes surveys done on the internet, over the phone, through text messages, and even through the mail.
- Make a “mystery shopping” programme that lets customers take audits and give feedback about brands, products, and services. how clean the place is.
- Scores for customers are calculated, such as the Net Promoter Score (NPS), the Customer Health Score (CHS), and the Customer Work Score (CWS).
- Keeping an eye on how brands are talked about online by using tools for social media monitoring.
- Live chat logs of customer service calls and texts.
- Choosing customers and topics for focus groups.
Building the VOC Program
Using VOC programs can make customers happier and help companies make products that customers like more. Companies need people from every department to help them decide what kind of customer feedback they want. These jobs can be done by Chief Information Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Revenue Officers, and Data Analysts.
PMR and The Right Spaces for Them
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Internet Marketing
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court
- Truck Repair