A hot stone massage therapy offers relaxation to your body. It is a good way to ease your tensed muscles and injured soft tissues in the body. Let us know in what ways does the therapy benefits a person.
What Is A Hot Stone Massage?
In this type of massage, the therapist places smooth, heated, and flat stones on different areas of the body. The stones are heated at a temperature between 130 and 145 degrees. Made of basalt, the stones can retain heat.
These stones are placed:
- Along the spine
- On the stomach
- On the chest
- On the face
- On the palms
- On toes, and feet
Panda Massage CEU is National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. It one of the leading companies that offer the best level online hot stone massage course to interested candidates worldwide.
What Types of Message Therapies Are Adopted By A Massage Therapist?
Massage therapists may use the following massage techniques to perform the therapy:
- Long strokes
- Circular movements, and
Advantages of Hot Stone Message Therapy
- Gives you relief from muscle pain and tension
- Improves blood flow to the different body parts
- Lessens muscle spasm
- Improves range of motion and flexibility in the body
- Relieve inflammation
- Reduces anxiety and stress levels;
- Enhances cardiovascular responses
- Promotes sleep
- Improves alertness, concentration, and optimism
- Gives Relief from the signs of autoimmune diseases
- Useful in the treatment of painful conditions like fibromyalgia
- Offer greater grip strength
- Reduces symptoms of cancer
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in the regulation of water retention, and blood pressure
Risks Related to Hot Stone Message Therapy
If you have any of the below conditions while taking the treatment, then you should consult the doctor immediately.
- Having a history of a bleeding disorder or blood clots
- Taking blood thinners
- Have burns on the skin
- Open wounds
- Had undergone surgery in the past six weeks
- A bone fracture
- Severe osteoporosis
- A low platelet-count
A hot stone massage therapy can benefit you immensely at physical, emotional, and mental levels. To get the best results, seek a competent massage therapist at a reputed center.