The partial water change for the Right Cichlids African
Both the initial water in the aquarium assembly and the water to be replenished in the aquarium at the time of periodic partial changes must be given special care. For this, the experts use several products from which provide safety and well-being to the aquarium, reducing the chances of any problems that may arise over time.
Since the water must not contain chlorine, which is harmful to fish, we can use the Ocean Chlorine Test to detect its possible presence in the water. Then, we use the Ocean Guard product, which removes chlorine and chloramine, neutralizes heavy metals, protects the fish mucosa and reduces stress, among other benefits.
Condicionadores Ocean Tech
Ocean blend reduces the need for partial changes, strengthens the biological cycle, degrades organic waste, reduces levels of ammonia and nitrates and eliminates odors. Over Nite, in addition to the rapid reduction of ammonia and nitrite, as it stabilizes and maintains a healthy biofilter. For the maintenance of crystal clear water, we use the Cloudy Cleaner, which cleans cloudy water, with quick action.
The products mentioned in this article are only suggestions, the way you will set up your aquarium depends on your pocket and the composition of the aquarium. The most important thing is that you have a beautiful and healthy aquarium.
In addition to aggressive behavior, another challenge for the hobbyist interested in creating African cichlids is to maintain adequate conditions in the aquarium, especially with regard to water alkalinity.
- Temperature: should be between 25 ° C and 27 ° C
- pH: due to their rocky habitat, Cichlids African depend on alkaline water, with a pH between 7.4 and 8.6
- KH (carbonated hardness): African cichlid aquariums should be adjusted between 8.1 and 8.5, which helps to keep the alkaline pH always stable,
- Ammonia: becomes even more toxic in an alkaline environment. Therefore, the cichlid aquarium needs a good filtration system.
In the aquarium of African cichlids, she performs several other functions besides decorating. Starting with the choice of rocks, models with holes are very important for cichlids to protect themselves.
- They must be present in sufficient numbers for the quantity of cichlid fish in the aquarium, in order to avoid territorial disputes.
- Also very important for the aquarium, the substrate must contribute to keeping the water alkaline.
- Among the recommended substrate types are cichlid gravel, dolomite and shell gravel. The use of plants is not indicated for African cichlids.
In general, African cichlids of the Mbuna type are herbivores, feeding mainly on algae, plants and small crustaceans. At home, the ideal is to feed them between 2 and 3 times a day, with food for specific cichlids. Other foods, such as brine shrimp, can also be offered as a supplement.
In the aquarium the duration of oral incubation depends on several factors
The higher the water temperature, the shorter the incubation time and vice versa. Thus, we can see incubations going from 17 to 24 days for water temperatures ranging from 24 to 28 °. If the aquarium is overcrowded or if the female is afraid that her young will be eaten, she will tend to keep them in the mouth longer. At the end of incubation, the female rejects the fry under cover. They are then autonomous, they search for their food and the instinct pushes them to hide from predators.