Maintenance, Cleaning, And Prevention Of Cesspools
Cesspools are often confused with septic tanks, but they are not the same.
While a septic tank treats the wastewater before being discharged back into the groundwater supply, cesspools are simply a pit that receives the wastewater and is not treated or connected to a drain field. Its sole purpose is that of storage.
Therefore, the prevention and maintenance of cesspools is an essential task to avoid bacteria, contamination of the soil, groundwater, and the environment in general, keeping rodents and unwanted animals that can only bring disease. Therefore, we will dedicate this post to the prevention and maintenance of cesspools in Tenerife.
Recommendations For The Maintenance Of A Cesspool
Above all, it is necessary to prevent a cesspool from filling up, which is very common when crusts form on the wells’ walls by waterproofing it and preventing fluid drainage. To avoid this situation, here is a quality recommendation:
- Be careful not to spill oily or greasy fluids as they form an impermeable film around the well.
- Avoid very foamy soaps, as the foam clogs the pores on the walls of the well.
- Construct stormwater channels away from the cesspool system to prevent these waters from falling into the well since the drainage system can become saturated due to the speed and volume with which it can reach.
If despite all the possible care that may be taken, the cesspool fills, you will notice it in your home as the water from the toilets and drains will be increasingly slower. In this case, the most common is to empty the well. It is recommended to call a specialized company, which will carry out the following activities:
- For the emptying of cesspools, a particular vehicle called a tank truck is needed, which will be in charge of emptying and cleaning.
- The tanker truck will aspirate its full well, accumulating the fluids in a large storage tank that they contain.
- Then clean the walls of the well with high-pressure water.
- The tank vehicle will transport this water to the nearest treatment plant.
- Once the well is empty, it is recommended to apply a cesspool reactivator to improve its permeability.
Trust the articles offered by this company for the maintenance and prevention of your cesspool.
Jack Sylvester is a freelance writer, He is extremely fond of anything that is related to ghostwriting, copy writing and blogging services.
He works closely with B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention.
His aim to reach his goals one step at a time and He believes in doing everything with a smile.
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement