How Can Your Bring Your Child To The UK?

If you have Indefinite Leave to Remain or Enter in the UK, you may want to bring your family with you. You would certainly want to bring your child to the UK and live with you. There are different circumstances under which you can apply to bring your child to the country. Once the application is successful, your child can be granted indefinite leave to remain.

Child is Outside the UK

If you are a British citizen or have indefinite leave to remain (ILR), your child may also be granted indefinite leave if they are not already in the country. A child can also get indefinite leave if both the parents have been admitted for settlement.

Child is in the UK

If your child is already in the UK and has limited leave to remain, they may apply for indefinite leave to remain if you are a British citizen or have indefinite leave. If there are valid reasons that show that excluding the child from the UK to be undesirable, your child has a good chance of being granted indefinite leave to remain.

If You Have Applied for Entry Clearance or Leave

If you have applied for entry clearance or leaveor you have limited leave as a partner, how to bring your child to the uk? Your child must meet the following conditions in these circumstances:

  • Must be unmarried or in any type of civil partnership
  • Must not have an own independent family or lead an independent life
  • Must have suitable accommodation in the UK
  • Must be under 18 years of age
  • Must meet the financial requirement
  • Must pass the suitability requirement

Refugee or Humanitarian Protection Beneficiary

You can also bring your child to the UK if you or your partner is a refugee or a beneficiary of humanitarian protection and have limited leave to enter or remain. You can apply for leave to enter for your child.This also applies to adopted children, depending on the country of origin.

So, you can bring your child to the UK under the above-mentioned circumstances.However, the procedures are not as simple as you may think. You will need the assistance of an immigration law solicitor to apply properly.

Jack Sylvester
Jack Sylvester is a freelance writer, He is extremely fond of anything that is related to ghostwriting, copy writing and blogging services. He works closely with B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention. His aim to reach his goals one step at a time and He believes in doing everything with a smile.