The Toronto Metro is the fastest way of getting around the city. The Toronto metropolitan network is spread over 4 railway lines that cross almost the entire Canadian metropolis, from north to south and from east to west.
The Toronto subway runs are active every day from 6 in the morning until around 1:30 and are distributed as follows:
- Yonge-University line, also known as line 1, is the oldest and busiest in Toronto. Distinguished by the yellow color, it makes a U-shaped path in the north-south direction of the Canadian metropolis;
- Bloor-Danforth line, distinguished by its green color, connects the eastern and western parts of the city, from Bloor Street to Danforth Avenue, passing through the center;
- Scarborough line, distinguished by its blue color, runs throughout the eastern part of the city;
- Sheppard Line, characterized by the purple color, is the most recent subway line in Toronto. Drive through town heading east to Don Mills Station.
Getting around by tram in Toronto
Moving by tram in Toronto is the best solution for getting around the city. The Toronto tramway network is one of the best in the world with 11 lines that travel through the most characteristic neighborhoods of the Canadian metropolis. The most famous is the 501 Queen Route , known for being the longest route in North America.
- The trams in Toronto, also called streetcars, are the most popular means of public transport by tourists because they are comfortable, clean and ultra modern.
- Traveling by tram in Toronto is the best alternative to admire the Canadian city and reach the key points of the metropolis.
- In Toronto there are the old streetcars, or the old trams where you usually pay in the appropriate container next to the driver, and the new streetcars or the modern trams in Toronto where payment is made by an electronic machine.
Getting around by taxi in Toronto
As with all large cities, getting around by taxi is the cheapest option compared to other means of transport. Finding a taxi in Toronto is very simple because they are everywhere, especially near the station and the hotels of the Canadian metropolis.
The fare to take a taxi in Toronto starts at $ 4 but if you have to move from Toronto airport to the center the taxi fare is much higher but certainly the most convenient alternative. As you head to the wonderful Toronto Clubs you can have the best time.
Toronto, places of interest
What are Toronto’s landmarks? Let’s see them together:
Cn Tower, the must-see attraction of the Canadian metropolis, as well as a symbol most photographed by tourists. Toronto’s Cn Tower is currently the tallest building ever. Climbing this tower is an incredible experience and a must try during a trip to the Canadian metropolis. The ticket to Toronto’s CN Tower costs $ 38 which is the base fare. For more information you can consult the official website and book your ticket.