Your feet likely suffer the most of the beatings, regardless of who you are or where you reside. After all, from the moment you first stepped out of bed, you have been utilising your feet all day. Without your feet, it is impossible to go from one place to another as freely as possible. The only way to guarantee your feet will remain in good condition is to learn how to take good care of them. Otherwise, you might develop foot problems like corn that require immediate treatment since it becomes more painful as it thickens and eventually discharges pus.
Even though your foot having corn is not life-threatening, it can hinder your daily life if left untreated. Of course, the same goes for other foot problems. You will not be able to move freely due to the increasing discomfort you are experiencing the more you use your feet for walking, running, or jumping.
To not let foot problems get in the way of your daily routine, you should keep them healthy. If you have no idea how you should do it, keep reading. Listed below are the different ways you can follow how to take good care of your feet.
9 Ways To Take Good Care Of Your Feet
1) Clean Your Feet Daily
The first thing you need to do to take good care of your feet is to clean them every day. After all, if you leave your feet dirty, you will become more exposed to parasites and bacteria, which can cause you to develop an athlete’s foot.
Here are some tips from a foot and ankle doctor in Singapore on how you should clean your feet well.
- Soak your feet in warm water. Test the water temperature first on your wrist before soaking it.
- Afterwards, use a gentle soap and rub them on your feet. Ensure to include the underside of your feet, which is around the heel and toes.
- Once done, pat dry your feet with a cloth. Never forget to dry between your toes since bacteria or fungus tend to live in moist areas.
2) Exfoliate At Least Twice A Week
While it is true that this might sound weird, exfoliating your feet can help get rid of dry and dead skin. As a result, you will have soft and smooth feet. But that is not all since a proper exfoliation can prevent your feet from forming foot corn and need treatment.
If you plan to try exfoliating your feet, here are the things you need to do.
- Mix ½ cup of sugar, one tablespoon of almond oil, ½ tablespoon of honey, and two to three drops of tea tree oil in a bowl to create an exfoliating scrub.
- Once done, keep the mixture aside and soak your feet first in warm water.
- Ten minutes later, apply the mixture to your feet and massage each foot gently for five minutes.
- Afterwards, rinse your feet with cool water and pat dry your feet.
3) Wear Clean And Dry Socks
Since bacteria and fungus tend to grow in moist areas, you should not wear damp socks. When your feet get wet because they sweat a lot, ensure to remove your wet socks and pat your feet dry before wearing another pair of dry socks.
4) Inspect Your Feet Regularly
If tires get flattened with constant use, you can expect your feet to develop something equivalent such as blisters or cracked surfaces. No matter how mild or severe the existing foot problem you have, guarantee to seek medical help from a foot and ankle doctor in Singapore.
5) Cut Nails Carefully
Another thing that you need to do to take good care of your feet is to cut your toenails carefully. If you have cut your toenails abruptly, they might develop ingrown. Remember that ingrown can be painful if it grows into your skin.
6) Always Wear Well-Fitted Shoes
That is typical advice you will hear from every foot and ankle specialist you can encounter in Singapore. You should know that wearing incorrect footwear poses several foot problems. Besides developing blisters and calluses, it will be difficult for you to move around.
The only way to prevent this is to wear the right shoes for the right occasion. You should keep in mind that a perfect pair of shoes has the following qualities:
- Feel comfortable, especially in the widest part of your feet.
- The shoes should not rub on your toes or the backside of your ankle.
- It does not slip or feel too tight when you walk them around.
7) Replace Worn Out Footwear
No matter how sentimental you are, you should wear worn-out footwear. These kinds of shoes will only pose problems on your feet. Without enough cushion and support from your footwear, it will be more difficult and painful to stand, let alone walk or run.
8) Visit A Podiatrist From Time To Time
To guarantee that your feet are healthy at all times, you should get your feet checked by a podiatrist. They are a foot and ankle specialist in Singapore that can help treat foot problems and make your feet feel better.
9) Stretch Your Feet
Stretching your feet as often as possible can help improve your flexibility. However, before doing so, you should consult your foot andankle doctor about what kind of stretches you should do.
Even though there are several things you need to do to take good care of your feet, doing all of them is for you. When you have healthy feet, you can do more things without trouble. Consider learning how to treat your feet right. Doing so should help prevent you from developing foot problems.
If you need help to keep your feet healthy, reach out to a podiatrist at ECPC. This clinic is what most people call a foot and ankle specialist. You can guarantee that your feet are in good hands if you let them treat them. Plus, they can provide you with custom insoles for your flat feet.
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court