When do I need to get my plumbing inspected?
Herman Walker, 3 years ago 2 min read 1003
Having a home or renting one, is a huge responsibility. One of those responsibilities is making sure you take preventative maintenance precautions by having professionals inspect different areas of your home. For your HVAC machine, you have an HVAC company complete a bi-annual check.
With plumbing, it’s recommended to have a professional plumbing service complete an annual inspection of your drains and water lines. This rule of thumb actually goes for homeowners, renters, and commercial properties.
Usually, a commercial plumbing provider will also be a residential one so you can easily have the same person inspect both your home and business.
What happens during a residential or commercial plumbing inspection?
- The plumber will inspect your pipes for cracks and leaks. Then recommend for those pipes to get replaced. Be sure to have him or her show you where the crack or leak is so you’re not signing off on a job that doesn’t need to be done.
- The plumber will also inspect your toilets to ensure they are working properly. Running toilets can cause your water bill to increase so this inspection is one you don’t want to skip.
- The plumber will take a look in your drain lines and around line crawlspaces to check for leaks, mold, and rotting wood.
- They’ll also look over any appliances you have that use water such as washing machines or dishwashers.
- Another service they can do is inspect exit pipes using a drain camera. This will help you see if there are any drain clogs exiting your house that would then back up drains and pipes in your home.
- Water heaters are another item that a plumber can inspect. They’ll do this by looking around your water heater, reviewing the pipes going into your heater, and making sure that all valves and switches are working properly.
As you can see, plumbing inspections are important to have done and should not be skipped.
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Internet Marketing
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court
- Truck Repair