Tips for Packing Your Things Before Turning Them Over to a Removalist
As you may already know, it is a removalist job to make moving day convenient for their clients. Of course, not everyone who decides to work with a removalist is comfortable relegating all aspects of the move.
If you’re reading this, then one area that you might be keen on doing yourself is packing your things for the move. It might be that you’re not comfortable letting anyone else go through your stuff, or you want to make sure that everything is packed correctly.
What you must know about packing your own stuff for a move
Whatever your reasons for wanting to handle the packing process yourself, you will need proper supplies to get it done. First on that list is an adequate supply of moving boxes. These boxes are available in various sizes and are designed to keep your property safe during transport. In most cases, a removalist company may have moving boxes to sell that are appropriate for your needs.
One important thing to remember is that you need to size your boxes according to their contents. Overloading a box will only make it harder to transport and can result in damages. Note that your removalist will not take any responsibility should this happen since you’ve opted to do the job yourself.
On the other hand, a complete door-to-door service means that the removalist will shoulder all materials and labour for packing your property for the move. While this might add to the total expense, most people would agree that the convenience and peace of mind more than makes up for it.
Specific tips for packing certain types of products
- When shipping furniture over vast distances, it is recommended that you cover each piece with craft paper. This will help cushion any blow to furniture during the transport and minimize (if not prevent) damages.
- Pack expensive items in custom-made crates for maximum protection
- Don’t use a plastic cover on leather and timber surfaces. Doing so can cause mould damage.
- Wrap small, fragile items separately — glassware, ceramics, porcelain, optics, etc. These must be cushioned and boxed individually for moving day.
- As for large, fragile items like computers and musical instruments, you can wrap them in tissue and bubble wrap. For maximum protection, it is recommended that these items be shipped in custom containers.
- You can pack clothes in lay-down cartons to maximize space. If you’re taking your closet with you, you can store your clothes inside them as long as they’re spotless and dry.
As you may have already realized, sourcing moving boxes is just the tip of the iceberg if you want to pack all of your stuff for the move. If you want to ensure that your things reach your destination in good condition, then it makes sense to pay careful attention to your choice of a Removalists company. It goes without saying that you would want to choose a business with a good reputation for quality and dependable service.
Jack Sylvester is a freelance writer, He is extremely fond of anything that is related to ghostwriting, copy writing and blogging services.
He works closely with B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention.
His aim to reach his goals one step at a time and He believes in doing everything with a smile.
- Home Improvement
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement