WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I AM IMVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
With hundreds of car accidents happening all around you, it is possible that you might be involved in one at some stage of your life. If a car accident is small, like when you bump your car with another car at a slow speed in a parking lot you might just want to shrug it off. However, if the size of the accident is considerable you should follow the following steps for your own safety and the safety of others:
- When you get into an accident it is never a good idea to drive away. You should stop, get down and look. Check if any of the people involved are very seriously injured.
- Move away from the road and move your car to the side of the road. If it is dark then try to prevent other accidents by setting up flares or flashlights.
- Call the police. File an official police complaint before doing anything else. You will need the report for claiming your insurance. If the vehicles are not in the way of traffic do not move them before police arrives.
- The report you make should be accurate and not real. When you talk to the officers stay calm and describe in detail what happened. If you do not have some facts be frank and tell that to the police.
- Analyse and report your injuries to the police officer. Sometimes it takes time for the pain to surface because of the shock.
- Take pictures of the scene to help you to claim insurance. Take pictures of your injuries too for your safety.
- Exchange the information about the insurer of the other driver. Also exchange the details about the other driver like name, address, telephone number, etc.
Car accident attorney Fort Wayne like Delventhal law office LLC will be happy to represent you in the court of law for the insurance claims.
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement