Wearing gloves in a hospital helps prevent the spread of germs. This serves to protect against infection, patients and healthcare workers.The gloves are called personal protective equipment (PPE). Other types of PPE are gowns, masks, charlottes and overshoes.
When to use gloves
- Disposable glove dispensers should be available in the room or area where patient care takes place.
- They come in different sizes, so make sure you choose the right size for a good fit.
- If the gloves are too big, it is difficult to hold objects and therefore it is easier for germs to get inside.
- Gloves that are too small are more likely to tear.
- Some healing and healing procedures require sterile surgical gloves. Sterile means “free from germs”. These gloves are numbered sizes. You need to know your size in advance.
- If you are going to be handling chemicals, consult the Product Safety Data Sheet to find out what type of glove you will need.
- Do not use oil-based hand lotions or creams unless they are cleared for specific use with latex gloves.
- If you have an allergy to latex, use nitrile or vinyl gloves and avoid contact with other products containing this material.
Nitrile or PVC glove
It aims to protect against biological agents. PVC or nitrile gloves are used only for non-surgical procedures.
Gloves in treated leather, aramid fibers, mixed and ceramic fabrics:
They prevent the occurrence of burns in exposures of extreme temperatures, as in the case of handling heated parts.They are used in ovens, plastic injectors, foundries, bakeries, greenhouses, welding, and other contacts with thermal agents, in exposures to heat from 48C onwards.
Steel mesh gloves:
They have high mechanical resistance, protecting against cutting agents. These gloves need to be stainless, without the possibility of corrosion, due to their extensive use in humid environments. The steel must be of good quality, so that greater strength and less weight are obtained, the links must be braided and welded. Now that the gloves are available for codigo descuento iherb you can have the best option.
These protective gloves are used in slaughterhouses, butchers, fishmongers, refrigerators, and also when there is a risk of contact with sharp objects.An indispensable item in the daily life of a hospital or any other place that takes care of health is the procedure gloves. However, for each purpose there is a different type of glove that should be used, in addition, the material of it can also vary and the health professional needs to be aware of this detail.Normally, gloves are disposable to prevent any kind of contamination. In addition, they can and should be used in different sectors of the hospital environment, from the cleaning department to doctors and nurses.
With regard to the procedure gloves, they basically serve in several clinical situations in which the professional needs to have contact with dirty objects, body fluids, blood and other secretions.For those who have doubts on the subject, below we explain what are the types of procedure gloves, their purposes, the correct way to store, use and dispose of them and some precautions that must be taken with them.
What is the purpose of the procedure glove?
An indispensable item in the routine of a hospital, which offers security for both the health professional and the patient is the glove.
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement