Know everything about drive-in storage before setting up for your business
Be it manufacturing or retail, big or small scale, most of the businesses need appropriate storage space for smooth running. There are numerous storage design options you can choose from. One of the most sought and highly efficient storage is the drive-in racking system. The utilisation of drive in pallet racking for large businesses can remarkable simplify the management of a massive volume of stock. These are simple in structure, with strong posts standing vertically with pallets place on sturdy supportive arms. The placement and picking operations are made efficient as stacks do not sit on each other. Each stack has its own rail and can be accessed independently. Here is a deeper insight into drive-in storage for better understanding.
- Major features of drive-in racking
Drive-in rackings are meant for large amounts of storage and have several enticing features.
- These are tailored for load-size and pallet equipment and can be used with regular equipment.
- Rails can be adjusted to optimize space utilization.
- Several working aisles are no longer needed.
- Serves perfectly to stock that is regularly circulated.
- Drive-in rackings deliver to FILO arrangements but can be easily transformed into drive-through systems to serve FIFO organization.
- Types of drive-in storage
The drive-in storages are classified based on the access points they are designed with. There are two types of systems.
- Single entry
Single entry storage systems are designed with only a single access point at one side of the racks. These are accessed with the help of forklifts through this entry point only.
- Double entry
With the double-entry system, you can use a forklift to access the storage from both the sides of the racks.
Another classification is done based on the structural composition of racks. Here also two compositions are available.
- Structural form
These racks are stronger and thicker and can withstand large impacts. These are used for heavy loads.
- Roll form
Roll form racks are light-weight and used to store light items. They have a screwless structure and are more flexible.
- Benefits of using a drive-in storage system
Drive-in storages are highly popular in large warehouses. Many big businesses prefer them for their compelling benefits.
- Greater pallet storage with extensive depth
- It is a better option for space management as it does not have several aisles
- It can be designed to reduce forklift damages
- It provides better utilization of space as it can be custom-designed and store stock densely
- It is more affordable as compared to other similar-sized storage.
- Safety tips
Safety is of the utmost importance both for your products and workers. In addition to conforming to the industry standards, you can take the following measures to ensure safety.
The drive-in storage entirely depends on the racking system. You should ensure that the racks are of the best quality and well-maintained to avoid any unfortunate incident.
The forklifts are expected to enter the racks, which is why racks need to be strong enough to handle the repeated impact.
You need to take the forklifts deep inside the racks. For that reason, the operator using the forklift should be extensively trained in placing and picking from the racks.
Make sure that the storage is kept in good and stable condition to ensure safe operations. You can conduct frequent inspections to ensure everything is working fine.
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Internet Marketing
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court
- Truck Repair