Kitchen smelling? How to get rid of smells from your garbage disposal
Kitchens are known to be the best place to gather with family and friends, but what happens should yours have a foul odor? Did you consider the garbage disposal being the culprit?
Garbage disposals are great for throwing away food waste that’s been left in your pots and pans or on plates. But, unfortunately, without proper plumbing maintenance, the disposal can build up with spoiled food and tons of bacteria. This spoiled food and bacteria then create a foul odor that can seep into your home.
But, there’s no reason to panic. Instead, simply call your local 24-hour plumber and schedule an appointment with them to come out to your house.
Once they are at your home, they’ll be able to get the pipes cleaned out and clear your garbage disposal so it’s like new.
In the event that you do not have a 24-hour plumber to contact, here are a few of the best tactics to keep your garbage disposal under control.
- Always run cold water when using your garbage disposal.
- Toss lemons down your garbage disposal periodically to clean the system. You can also use oranges or limes if lemons are not in your fridge. Anything citrus will help get rid of the stench.
- Pour baking soda and vinegar down your disposal. This will help clean and loosen any clogged items.
- If you can stand the smell, you can also use bleach and water to help remove lodged food and unwanted odors.
- If you’re not into the DIY process, look for solutions in your local store that are designed for cleaning garbage disposals.
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court
- Truck Repair