Naturally, the first article in our new section must come up with a basic explanation of the rules and winning combinations of the most popular Texas holdem no limit poker variant. Poker is an extremely complex game, but the rules of the game themselves are not complicated at all, and we believe that you will learn them quickly with the help of our instructions.
- Pot – a place where all players’ bets are collected. The goal of the game is to win this amount.
- Dealer (button) – the player who (except for the preflop phase) plays last. In the absence of a professional dealer, he deals with cards.
- Mandatory bets (blind bets) – small blind and big blind.
- Small blind – this bet is placed in the game by the player sitting to the left of the dealer.
- Board – community cards on the table.
- Stack – all chips of a given player
Bets are so called because two designated players in both blinds must bet the required amount before looking at their cards. This is so that in each game there are some funds / chips in the pot that will be played. After each game is over, all of these positions (dealer, small blind, big blind) move clockwise, so these mandatory bets are eventually placed by each player participating in the game.
Before the game
So what do we really need to play? The first course cards. Texas holdem is played with one deck of standard French cards, which contains 52 cards – 4 colors (spades, spades, crosses / clubs, diamonds, hearts or hearts) of 13 cards with values of 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K and ace (A). Although the game can be played by up to 22 players, we usually see 2-10 of them at one table. It is also advisable to have a token to indicate the player sitting in the position of the dealer (you can often come across the term button).
This position is specific in that the player sitting on it plays last in line and thus has certain advantages. If there is no professional dealer in the game, the dealer deals with cards. We will need chips of different values for betting purposes. Purchasing bandarq sets with chips is no longer a problem and customers choose them based on the number of players in the game and the size of the mandatory bets.
Aim of the game
The aim of the game is to win the pot, which will be created during the individual betting rounds. Victory can be achieved in two ways:
- Force your opponent to fold with his bets.
- Create the strongest combinations of the FIVE cards. We can achieve this by using
- two of our cards and three of a kind
- one of our own and four of our own
- all five community cards
In the case of identical best combinations, the bank is divided equally among their holders.