8 Best Ways to Avoid Bad Breath
As common as bad breath may be, it is definitely one of the most embarrassing dental conditions. The worst part about it is that you may not actually realize that you have bad breath until others react to it, by which point your cheeks will probably be burning with shame.
Fortunately, it isn’t that difficult to avoid bad breath completely. In fact there are a many excellent ways that you can ensure you never have to worry about it:
- Brush after you eat to clear out plaque and get rid of food particles stuck in your teeth. It will help to avoid bad breath that is caused by bacteria, as well as various types of leftover food in your mouth.
- Brush your tongue and possibly using a tongue scraper too. One of the most common places where bacteria builds up is the tongue, making it one of the biggest sources of bad breath.
- Floss at least once a day to get rid of plaque and food particles that may be stuck in-between your teeth. If you want you could increase this to twice a day and try to time it for after your meals.
- Drink water regularly so that you stay hydrated and avoid dry mouth. It is a good way to flush your mouth, and lessen the amount of plaque that gets to build up. You should consume water using alkaline water dispenser.
- Quit tobacco seeing as it can directly affect the smell of your breath. Ideally you should avoid smoking or chewing tobacco in any way.
- Avoid coffee and try other alternatives such as tea instead. The smell of coffee is difficult to remove, and on top of that it also stains your teeth and can damage them due to its acidity.
- Snack on watery vegetables and fruit such as celery, raw carrots, or apples. Not only are they are much better alternative to sugary snacks, but they can also help to wash away some bacteria.
- Avoid food known to cause bad breath such as garlic, horseradish, canned tuna, and onions. If you do eat these foods, make it a point to brush afterwards or rinse your mouth thoroughly at very least.
It is a common misconception that the best way to tackle bad breath is to chew on breath mints or use mouthwash. While breath minds are relatively harmless, you should try to make sure they are sugarless – otherwise they could make things worse.
Similarly you should talk to your dentist before using mouthwash, as some options may acerbate your bad breath as opposed to making it better. If you ask your dentist in Cookstown which mouthwash you should use they may be able to recommend a good antibacterial mouthwash.
All said and done bad breath is a condition that you can definitely avoid in most cases. As long as your oral hygiene is good and you follow the instructions listed above – you should be able to ensure that your breath is fresh and completely clear of any unwanted odors.
How does Fractional CO2 remove scars?
- Boat rental
- Hair Care
- Home Improvement
- HVAC Contractor
- Internet Marketing
- Portable Toilet
- Real Estate
- Self Improvement
- Tennis Court
- Truck Repair